Wednesday 19 May 2010

Fairytale Exploding Box

Evening Peeps,

I'm officially all crafted out. I have spent Sunday and two evenings creating today's exploding box and I really don't think my pictures do this project the justice it deserves. I was so inspired by the Magnoliscious Highlights DT creations and with my Sister's 40th on the horizon, I wanted to create something special. She loves all things disney so the Fairytale collection of Magnolia's is just perfect.

This is the box before it explodes


Here it is open, I have tried to take it so that you can see overhead all the swirls of acetate with butterflies and pearls on.





Here's Tilda looking a bit squashed in my photo, with her diamond tiara and pearl earrings.








You will see here that I have been very kind to my Sister as I don't think she is going to accept that's she's 40 so I have only mentioned it once on the little tag and not in large numbers.

Isn't she pretty.


A close up of her sparkling!


Materials Used:-
Bazill cardstock
Magnolia Papers
Accetate to make the swirls for the butterflies and pearls and also stamped another section with Happy Birthday in Stazon
Martha Stewart frond punch and border punch
Loads of star dust stickles
Computer generated tags
Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts
Everything else from stash

I have entered this into the following challenges:-

A Spoonful of Sugar - Cute and Girly
Tuesday Morning Sketches - Favourite colour combo and Glitter
Sir Stampalot - Blossoms and Butterflies

19 comments:

Lizzy said...

WOWZERS this is absolutely STUNNING ... your sister will just adore it and no doubt treasure it forever. Tilda looks sooooo pretty, the colours,flowers & buttrflies are all so beautiful... I just luv everything about it xx Lizzy xx

Elaine said...

Oh My Lordy, this is fantastic!! I'm not surprised at how long it's taken to make, you can see all the effort and love that's gone into it. Absolutely stunning. You're sister will adore it.
Love Elaine xx

Tracy said...

Totally, absolutely stunning, so much detail and very beautiful design. Please pop along to Sir Stampalot challenge as this would be ideal, http://sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.com/
And the prize is fabulous.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

stampinfrog said...

Oh Tracy this is absolutely GORGEOUS! Tilda is colored so beautifully,the papers are fabulous and all the details is so stunning!
Hugs,Connie

Melissa Craig said...

Oh my word Tracy! This is totally AMAZING!! What a lucky sister to get this for her birthday card! Holy cow!! I am in utter awe of this card. It's colored so beautifully and all the details.... I am speechless. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Mary Lou said...

Magnificent Tracy!! The paper are gorgeous and that AMAZING detail is above and beyond!! You put alot of time, work and patience into this beautiful gift for your sis! Tell her Happy Birthday :))
Blessings

Corinne said...

Very beautiful. The papers and the colors go together so beautifully.

Pam said...

Beautiful take on the exploding box! I love the flowers and the elegantly adorable Tilda!
Your sister will be thrilled! She will never feel old with a gift like this!
Hugs to you,
Pam

Anonymous said...

Wow....I just love everything about your box. Just love love love the pink, the coloring, the flowers, the butterflies....Stunning...
hugs
Jennifer

Unknown said...

this is absolutly STUNNING I love it i would love to be able to make something like this really need to get me some flowers

Michelle said...

This is absolutely BREATHTAKING!!! Everything is so perfect!

zoe.payne said...

oh my gosh, this is amazing. im quite speechless. absolutely stunning tracy, she is going to love this never seen anything like it before. prepare i think you may get an order for these. trully well done xxxxx

brenda said...

Hi Tracy

Your box is absolutely stunning, a beautiful piece of work. Your sister will love it, it's certainly has the wow factot and something she will cherish.

Thank for sharing it with us at Stampalot Challenge and good luck.

B x

Francesca said...

Wow this is absolutely beautiful, thanks for joining us at sir stampalot challenge this month and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Tracy,
This has a real Wow factor. How lucky is your sister to be getting it, I am sure she will treasure it.
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

Theresa said...

What an amazing box!! Lucky sister...she gets all this hard work.

Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Theresa, DT

pinky said...

Its blooming gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

scrappinpeg said...

Love your flowers...... I TREASURE flowers so this is a fun box for me --- just love it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy .... I'm so in Love in your amazing box :-) !!!! Your sister must be a lucky girl :-) !!!!

Best regards from Berlin, Dani